My Twitter Automation Experiment. Part 6: 150th Day

By | January 30, 2016

This is the sixth article from the series about my Twitter automation experiment. Like I mentioned in my previous blog posts, I am starting an experiment to see if it is possible to grow a Twitter account by spending no more than 30 minutes a day and get a good quality of traffic to my blog. Every 30 days I will be writing reports about the results I achieved and conclusions made about this experiment.
This is the sixth part of the series. If you haven’t read the previous part, it can be found here:

As I expected, this month was much better than the last one. The activity on my Twitter account jumped significantly. I did not make any changes to my strategy. Just kept to the same follow/unfollow and favouriting targeted posts.
Also, my updated tweets with visuals received much better engagement. It’s too bad I did not write any good content last month, but older tweets still received good engagement.

 

What I managed to achieve?

twitter-followers-150-day

The only thing that wasn’t growing so fast this period was my Twitter followers list. My follower number reached 5045 people in this period. It is only 877 followers during the 30 day period and 263 people less than last month. Even though the follower base was growing slower, the activity was much higher.

twitter-followers-interests-150-day

All the main interests of my audience are still the same for another month. I am very happy that interest in Marketing has risen from 65% to 75%. It is especially pleasant because it is one of the main interests I am targeting.

twitter-followers-by-countries-150-day

No changes in this section. Probably, this small increase of followers had no significant effect to demographic statistics. Still happy that USA and UK are keeping top positions.

 

Engagement

twitter-engagement-150-day

As I mentioned at the beginning, this is where things got really interesting in the period. The engagement numbers had a really huge jump. Honestly, I did not expect it to be so high. Of course because of some Twitter problems this month I lost stats for one day (like everyone else), but still, results are great. So, I managed to reach 3200 impressions per day. That’s 800 (34%) more than the previous month. And I am very close to reaching 100.000 impressions per month.
As we could have expected the increase of impressions had a significant effect on link clicks. It increased from 108 last month to 177 link clicks by the end of this period. The CTR increased from 0,15% to 0,18%.

 

Traffic and conversions

twitter-traffic-150-day

And finally, the most important part of this experiment is how many visitors I received from Twitter. And the stats are very pleasant. This period I received 159 visitors to my blog. And more than half came directly from the timeline. That means that people are starting to notice my tweets. And an increase in retweets and replies just confirms that. However, the lowest bounce rate and highest visiting time have users from auto DMs.

 

Conclusions

The new year has started really well with my Twitter automation strategy. And, the results surpassed the expectations. However, I got a bit lazy with my content during the last two months. And many followers might have gotten bored seeing old content again and again. So, I set a goal to write more frequently next month so that old followers would see something new more often. I am positive it will bring even better results next month.
Another thing is that I still get high bounce rate and low visiting time. I need to work more on my content to provide better articles and encourage visitors spending more time on my blog.

So, that’s it for now. Have a nice weekend everyone!

And, if you have any questions or suggestions fell free to contact me. It is always a pleasure to hear different opinions.

 

Read more:

My Twitter Automation Experiment. Part 7: 180th Day

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *